We partner with proven housebuilders and developers that have a passion and desire to grow.
- Our strategy is to invest equity on a site specific basis in return for an equitable share of the profit
- We aim to invest in a wide range of residential projects from private for sale and affordable family housing to projects that include elements of Build to Rent, PRS, Regeneration and Retirement Living
- No interest margin or fees are charged
- Profit share is agreed on a case by case basis but in recognising the contribution of the developer to the project we accept a higher return on investment for the developer over HGP
- The developer’s contribution can be in the form of capital and/or land
- HGP’s investment ranks equally with the developer ensuring we share in both the upsides and downsides with the developer receiving repayment of its investment and share of profit at the same time as HGP
- HGP does not take an active role in the management of the development. The developer retains responsibility for the management of the project with a management fee paid monthly for undertaking this role
- Debt will be raised in the market to provide an appropriate funding structure and enhance equity return
- The site will be developed in a new SPV company, allowing your business to remain separate
- We provide initial feedback quickly and have short approval processes with Investment Directors sitting as voting members of the Investment Committee
- We undertake due diligence on all investments but we make this streamlined and cost effective
- Typically a two month process: 2-3 weeks to understand your business model and funding requirements and 4-6 weeks to complete the investment
Why Partner with HGP?
- Partnership: Collaborative approach which shares financial risk proportionally. We invest in the project not the business and the developer’s investment ranks equally with ours
- Return: Bespoke profit share on a deal by deal basis to enhance the developer’s return on capital invested in the site
- Growth: Frees up capital for the developer to reinvest in its business. Ability to invest in multiple projects at any one time
- Value: Ability to recognise current market value of land, including planning gain, at the point of investment
- Experience: Extensive residential development and equity investment experience in the team with a pool of senior industry advisors available to share experience and network
Ensuring an inclusive environment for our colleagues and communities
- A key part of how we seek to deliver our purpose is to strive to create a fully inclusive environment for all our colleagues, partnerships and communities, one that is truly representative of modern-day Britain. Quite simply, a more inclusive society is a more prosperous society, and a diverse business is a better business.
- That means that we also speak up and act when something feels wrong – for example, we know it’s not enough to simply not be racist, we need to find ways where can be actively anti-racist by providing allyship to our partners and colleagues.
- We’re an anti-racist organisation and do not tolerate hate. We will take action against discrimination and inappropriate behaviour, whether racist, sexist, homophobic, transphobic or ableist, regardless of whether this happens in our offices, over the phone or online on our social media channels.
- Quite simply, we believe in doing the right the thing. We know we won’t always get things right ourselves, but we are committed to always striving to do better, for our colleagues, partners and communities.